Friday, June 29, 2012

Kai







My cat Kai.
  About 5 years ago I walked into the Humane Society on the Big Island of Hawaii looking to adopt a kitten. In the corner of the top bunk beds they had set up for the cat's was this older orange cat. Grungy and skinny he was not the type of cat you would want to bring home. The ladies told me his days were numbered and would be put down the next day or two.....That's all they had to say,  he was mine now! I brought Kai home with us. He was scared, grungy and clearly could tell he had been abused. It took me many years to get Kai to warm up to me. To even let me even pet him. A year ago we made the decision to move back to California. This brought us to the question, Should we bring the cats? "Of Course!" I said to my husband. I could not leave this cat after all I did to gain his trust. So here we are...Big, fat, and happy living in California now :) He is the most loving cat, and loves to run around the house with my little girl , and stands by her side all day long! I am glad Kai and I met that day and I was able to give him a home he never had :)

No comments: